Cultivated in Europe
Giant Sequoia seedling, number R0501
|Height indication including pot||40cm|
|Indication stem height||>20cm|
|Type of pot||2L (12x12x20cm)|
|Seed country of origin||USA|
Can be left in the current pot for months before repotting or planting
The pot contains potting soil specially tailored to the Giant Sequoia with the correct type and dosage of slow-release fertilizers. The nutriens are released over the course of 12 tot 14 months after the potting date. The advice is to leave the seedling in this pot until the slow-release fertilizers have been released so the roots can develop nicely before taking the seedling out of its pot. So until 12 to 14 months after the potting date. Only then transfer the seedling to a larger pot or put it in the ground.
About the Giant Sequoia in general
The Giant Sequoia is the largest tree on Earth by volume and it is also one of the oldest tree species. The Giant Sequoia is known by several names such as Giant Redwood, Sierra Redwood, Mountain Redwood and Sequoiadendron giganteum. The oldest known Giant Sequoia is 3,500 years old. Giant Sequoia trees do well in a variety of climate zones, including those of the Netherlands and Belgium.
The Giant Sequoia is on the IUCN List of Threatened Tree Species. So you also help with the survival of this species. The average growth rate is 30 to 60 centimeters per year. The rapid growth starts 5 to 6 years after the Giant Sequoia seedling has been placed in a good spot in the open ground.
Plant your own Giant Sequoia - Giant sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum) now
A beautiful and controversial tree that remains green all year round!
About Redwoodking Seedlings
- A seedling is a young tree grown from a seed. Each seedling is therefore genetically unique.
- No pesticides or poisons are used when growing the seedlings.
- Detailed instructions for repotting and outdoor planting are included with the delivery. A concise version can be found under Sowing and Planting advice.
- Not only because of the individual genetic characteristics, but also because of the dynamic growth, each seedling is unique. The price is determined per tree.
- Each young tree develops slightly differently and bare in mind that the young trees continue to develop even after taking the photo. Especially in the growing season.
- The description contains as much information as possible about the tree in question.
- The photos with the relevant article are of the relevant seedling.
Giant Sequoia trees, like other trees, break down CO2, releasing oxygen (O2) and storing carbon (C) in the wood. Trees also provide shelter from strong winds, high temperatures, noise and soil erosion. Landscape value, nature and air quality are increasing.
A tree grows in value and beauty every year.